What happened to me in the last three months?
- I had an incredibly busy period at work
- Quit that job
- Moved again two days later, to the opposite end of the country, into temporary accommodation
- Panic flat hunted
- Flapped about a lot as we tried to finalise everything for the permanent flat before our temporary one ran out
- Finished the novel I’ve been working on for six years
- Got the new flat two days before our accommodation ran out
- Hand built a whole lot of furniture
- Restarted the ever so fun process of job hunting
It’s been… a touch busy. And stressful. Don’t forget stressful. But I now have a home (with furniture!) and am settled. Once I’ve organised a new day job everything will be all back on track. If you’ve been around for a while then you’ll know well that the last few years for me have been a string of moves, new jobs, and health issues. However, this time things are a lot more permanent.
The reason for such a dramatic move was my partner being offered their dream job, so of course we jumped at it. That also means that we don’t plan on going anywhere for a long while. Finally, we’re sticking some roots down and let me tell you, that feels amazing after such a long period of temporary living and uncertainty. Things aren’t perfect yet as I’m still unemployed but knowing that we aren’t going to be up and moving again in a year makes everything seem so much more worth it. So much more rewarding.
And now, hopefully, I can get back to posting regularly!